Why Choose a 4x4?
Adventure Awaits in a 4x4 Off-Road Vehicle
Iceland is your ultimate destination for adventure. From hiking to whale watching, ice climbing to caving, exciting experiences are waiting on this island country of fire and ice. Build your adventure plan around a 4x4 car rental in Reykjavik, where you can rent a sturdy, fully equipped 4x4 vehicle.
There is no better way to see the unique features and landscapes of Iceland than in an off-road 4x4 vehicle. Iceland is one of the most geologically active places on the planet. With a 4WD rental in Iceland, our vehicles will help you get closer to the heart-stirring volcanos and bubbling hot springs that define the land.
4x4 vehicle benefits included with your car rental in Iceland:
- Freedom to explore the island at your own pace
- Access to more rugged terrain
- A roomier and more comfortable ride (in medium and large-sized vehicles)
- Improved safety on Iceland’s narrow, rugged roads
- Unlimited mileage
Our off-road vehicles are just plain fun!
Our fleet of the latest mini-, medium-, and large-sized off-road vehicles include the following (or similar) options:
- Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4: Sitting five passengers and fitting five suitcases, it provides for a roomier and more comfortable ride while an automatic transmission helps too.
- Ford Expedition: There is room for up to eight passengers in this comfortable, spacious SUV, plus a large luggage compartment; the Expedition is well-suited for F Roads.
- Suzuki Jimny: A small 2-door 4x4 ideal for two adults, it handles rough terrain well; large windows let you view the scenery, while a manual transmission makes travel fun.
- Dodge Durango: Comfortable and spacious, this rugged SUV has room for up to seven passengers and will get you across Iceland’s equally rugged terrain.
- Suzuki Grand Vitara: A 5-door 4x4 that can sit four or five passengers. Available in manual and automatic transmissions, it is a favorite in Iceland for its ability to handle the most difficult tracks.
- Hyundai Tucson: A 4x4 that offers good value and handles rough terrain well, with modern features like USB/AUX plug in and Bluetooth, plus room for four to five passengers.
Why Choose 4x4?
A 4x4 vehicle hire is necessary if you want to truly explore Iceland. Not only is it unsafe to drive in the highlands with a normal rental car, you could be fined. Driving in a 4x4 camper or truck affords the opportunity to be adventurous in rugged terrain and wintry weather.
Highland roads in the interior are known as F roads. Each one is designated by a number—for example, F 232. These are gravel roads with potholes and sometimes rivers that cut right through them. Maintenance is rare on these types of roads. You’ll need a four-wheel-drive vehicle to traverse them safely.
Order Your 4x4 Hire Today
If you’ve decided on an Iceland 4x4 car rental, you’ve come to the right place. We can help with whatever you need to see Iceland’s backcountry, whether you are looking for a 4x4 camper or Wi-Fi hotspot rental in Iceland.
We’ll deliver your Iceland car rental to your hotel in Reykjavik, free of charge. Contact us today to reserve your vehicle. See our complete lineup of vehicles here.